Your Hearing Aid Benefits
The Costco Employee Benefits Program offers a hearing benefit of up to $1,750 for the purchase of hearing aids once every four years. This is a one-time use benefit - that means if you do not use the entire benefit at the time of your initial purchase, you forfeit the remaining balance for the the rest of the four-year period. This benefit covers hearing aids only - it does not cover any other services or supplies such as batteries or hearing amplifiers.
The hearing aid benefit is not subject to the annual deductible or coinsurance. This benefit is available to employees, and their eligible dependents enrolled in a Costco medical plan.
Employees and their dependents are required to purchase their hearing aids at a Costco Hearing Aid Center. The plan will not cover hearing aids purchased from a non-Costco Hearing Aid provider except in the following cases:
1. Covered dependents under the age of 18 can go to any in-network hearing aid center because Costco’s Hearing Aid Centers can’t service this age group. To find an in-network provider, go to costcobenefits.com and click Find a Provider, or call Aetna at 1-800-814-3543.
2. If you are 18 or older, you can go to any in-network hearing aid provider if the Costco Hearing Aid Center is unable to provide your hearing aids. To receive coverage you must use an in-network provider. The provider will submit a claim for you and you’ll be responsible for any amount over $1,750.00.
3. Employees working at the following locations do not have access to Costco Hearing Aid Centers within 25 miles and can go to any in-network provider.
- #932/#284 Laredo, TX Depot
- #267/#286 Morris, IL Depot
- #749 Mt. Laurel, NJ
- #549 Morrow, GA Business Delivery
Aetna Select Out-of-Area PlanParticipants - If you are not able to find an in-network hearing aid provider, you may be required to pay the full amount at time of purchase and submit a claim to Aetna for reimbursement. The Claim Form is located at www.costcobenefits.com under Booklets and Forms/Claim Forms.
To find a Costco Hearing Aid Center near you, click here.